If you're looking for a simple dessert that is both sweet and salty, I've found your kryptonite. Or your salvation. I guess it depends on which comic we're reading because now I'm confused! ;)
2 C creamy peanut butter, divided
3/4 C butter, softened
2 C powdered sugar, divided
4 C broken pretzel twists, divided,
2 C semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
1. Line a 9"x13" baking pan with foil and a little overlay. Lightly spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. Beat 1 1/4 C peanut butter in and butter in a large bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in 1 C powdered sugar.
3. Stir in remaining 1 C of powdered sugar, 3 C of pretzel pieces, and 1/2 C of chocolate chips. Press evenly into prepared baking pan.
5. Spread chocolate peanut butter evenly over pb/pretzel/powdered sugar layer.
6. Top with remaining pretzel pieces, pressing down gently into the chocolate layer.
7. Refrigerate at least three hours, or until firm. Lift out of pan and peel off foil, then cut and serve.