Friday, October 12, 2012

Caramelized Pecan Brie

I love a good baked brie.  Here's a way to dress up your brie and still have an amazing dish...

Ingredients:
6" round Brie
1/2 C lightly packed brown sugar
1/4 C corn syrup
1/4 C unsalted butter
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 C pecan halves (chopped, if you prefer)


Directions:
1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter over medium heat.  Stir until boil, then boil gently (NO STIRRING) for a minute.
2. Remove from heat, and quickly whisk in baking soda.  Then, stir in salt and pecans.  Let set for about 30 seconds.
3. Finally, mound warm nut mixture (hehe...) on top of Brie, enabling the caramel to artfully cascade down the sides.  I served it in a borl to make it easier to serve, but I'm sure I'd fine a pretty cascading picture if I looked online.  Too lazy, peeps, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment