Sunday, June 17, 2012
Avocado Chicken Puffs
It started off with this inspiration for puff pastries.
I really hate working with puff pastries, and I'm not a fan of how they taste, so I took the same general principal and added it to some Pillsbury Rustic French Loaf.
1 roll of french bread dough
2 pre-cooked chicken breasts
avocado or guacamole
chopped bell peppers
Mexican cheese shreds (or your own fav flavor)
1. Preheat oven to temperature on bread package (350?), and grease a cookie sheet.
2. Cut the dough into 6 even pieces.
3. Take one piece of dough and form it into a bowl.
4. Spread avocado/guac on the bottom of your bread bowl.
5. Add chicken and desired toppings. For me, this was chopped bell peppers and then salsa.
6. Repeat this process for all bread bowls, and then place each bowl on your prepared cookie sheet.
7. Top with shredded cheese
8. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until your bread is puffed and lightly brown.
9. Gently remove with a spatula from pan and onto your place. Enjoy!