Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Apple Pie Bites

Once I saw this recipe, I knew it had to be mine.  In fact, it was part of my inspiration for my down home cooking party.  That, and the meatloaf, of course!

So few ingredients make such an awesome dessert! I love when things are simple, partly pre-made, and delicious when you're done!
What you'll need:
Pre-made pie dough (a 2 crust box)
1/2 C sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 T butter, melted
2 medium, tart apples (I used granny smiths), cut into 8 wedges

Directions:
1. Roll out pie dough (1 at a time)
2. Brush with  melted butter.
3. Combine cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle over dough.
4. Cut dough into 8 strips.
5. Roll apple wedges on cinnamon sugar side of dough strips.
6. Brush tops with additional butter, and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar.  Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes, or until apples are softer and dough is lightly browned.


No comments:

Post a Comment