Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Red Velvet Poke Cake
This recipe is so light and fluffy, it's worth all three seconds that it takes to make it... PROMISE!
What you'll need...
Red velvet box mix (plus necessary ingredients)
2 boxes of cheesecake flavored instant pudding
4 C of milk
8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
1/2 pkg Oreos, crushed
1. Make and bake the cake, as directed, in a 9"x13" pan.
2. Using the round handle of a kitchen utensil (about 1/2" diameter), pole holes in the cake down to the bottom of the pan.
3. Mix the pudding mix and milk, then immediately pour/spread evenly over the cake, filling in the holes as much as possible.
4. Let everything firm up in the fridge for an hour or so.
5. Spread thawed, whipped topping over top of cake, then top with crushed Oreos.
6. Cut and serve.
This is so good that people thought I bought it at a store and re-plattered it. FALSE. Sure, I made it with a box mix, but I could've dug out my food coloring as much as the next girl.