Since then, we have (arguably) grown up: we've learned how to drive together, gone to away to different colleges, gotten married, she's had kids and cats, I've had gardens and dogs, and I've managed to move 2000 miles away.
However? When I pick up the phone, or am lucky enough to visit home? It's like I never left. She is one constant in my life that I hope never changes. I'm lucky to have such an amazing friend, and if I could send her warm pockets of love today, I absolutely would. She deserves only the best. Happy 32nd birthday, girl! Here's to the next 19 years!!
On a side note - these other warm pockets of love (and Nutella) are super easy to make and take very little time or effort on your part, but everyone will love them.
1 pkg crescent dough (I used the sheets)
1/2-1 C of Nutella
1/4 C sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Combine cinnamon and sugar and place in a bowl/shallow plate.
2. Unroll crescent dough - smooth out with fingers or a roller.
4. Drop Nutella into the middle of each rectangle. You can use as much or as little as you want, just stay away from the edges.
5. Pinch all edges together (like a ravioli), then coat both sides in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
6. Place on a lined cookie sheet (for easy clean up)
7. Follow the instructions on the crescent roll package. Just watch for the pockets to turn a nice golden color.
8. Serve warm and enjoy.
This is absolutely perfect as it is (To Bridget Jones!), but it would also be nice with ice cream. (But, what wouldn't be?)
I served two to my husband, then he ate my second one, then he ate two more off the platter before I had even noticed he'd left the room.
Seriously addicting, like an awesome friend who's just waiting for you to come home. Love you, Heid!