Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin *Quiche*

So many good things start with bacon...

Like this Pumpkin Quiche!
Instead of puff pastry, I just used the crescent roll dough sheet and a biscuit cutter to make it muffin pan size!
Mix everything together - with only one egg!  This is where I have to give the speech that this quiche is kind of a "quiche" because it really doesn't contain a lot of the materials that you associate with a quiche.  For example, there's only one egg in the whole thing.

True story.

Well, not quite.  I double the recipe so I used two eggs, but still...
The dough came up about halfway, and then I put a heaping teaspoon of the filling in each cup.  The recipe made 24 this way, which was nice, because I was serving 40, so doubling was perfect for me.

I loaded them into the muffin cups and cooked them at 360 for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges of the dough started to turn golden.


See?  Golden, right?  Easy enough.  Any they were super tasty.  I used a nice smoked Dorset cheese (cheddar like) and it worked out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment