I can't decide if this is more "nailed it" or "failed it". Yes, I made delicious whole wheat pretzels that I will happily make again. However, I'm not entirely sure that they came out the way they were supposed to.
Here's the recipe, with FAR better pictures than what I have (sorry about that). My dough didn't rise but a centimeter, if that. It was a dry dough, even though I added some extra water throughout the process.
I didn't mind the dry dough so much, except for when trying to roll out the pretzels.
It was a bit crumbly, and hard to make on a consistently even roll, but it worked out.
But, like I said, I baked them for about 9 minutes, took them out, and they won my heart over. I was only supposed to get about 6 or 7 pretzels from the batch, and I got 6, so I wasn't that far off.
The pretzels were on the small side.
I rolled each one out to 15", but the finished product is only about palm sized.
That was a lot of time to spend on only six pretzels.
Thank goodness they were good! The original recipe suggested a dip for them, but I loved them as is.