Friday, March 16, 2012

Homemade Reese's Cups

 I absolutely adore chocolate and peanut butter.

I know, I know, you've heard that before.

However, when I had the chance to make a knock-off of a Reese's peanut butter egg, I jumped on it!

Especially since I already had all the ingredients on hand.


 You basically mix up the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter (then a little milk) until it becomes mold-able.

The original recipe said it'd be like Play Doh.  It seemed more crumbly than that, but the peanut butter did make it squish together easily.  I'm sure you could add more milk to make it easier, but I wanted a nice, thick consistency.
 Once you make your egg shapes - see my eggs?  Nope?

Me, neither.  I decided to do more of a cup instead of messing around with make them ovum shaped.  Sorry.

Once you've made your chosen shape, stick them in the freezer.

This only makes them super firm, and helps the chocolate harden more quickly, in my estimation.  It's not like they weren't holding their shape before hand.

Then you melt your chocolate - I did one bag of milk chocolate and one 60% cacao chips - with a little bit o' shortening.    Place your finished product on some waxed paper and wait about 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden.  Then dig in and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment