Tuesday, February 14, 2012

For the Love of Chocolate

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I'll share the most amazing chocolate cake that I've ever made.  I'm not a huge chocolate fan, not like my dear husband in any case, but for his birthday, I found this recipe and thought I'd give it a shot.  It's called the Best Chocolate Cake.  Why would they lie??

The cake was easy enough.  I wasn't terribly excited about a chocolate buttercream frosting with it, though.  So then, I found this recipe for a fudgy layer cake.

I liked the dark chocolate ganache recipe for the frosting from the second recipe more, so I went with that.

Last year, I spent a gazillion bucks on a chocolate cake that Thomas didn't even like.  However, this year, the cake was a winner all around.


I've never really worked with this kind of ganache, but it was simple to work with.  I've never had to melt the sugar and water to coat each layer with.  That was a bit odd.  I'm not sure what difference it made, but maybe it was easier to spread?

no clue.

And yes, I know I'm not that great of a cake decorator, but the ganache firms up nicely, so it's not really terribly necessary to get fancy with it.

All together, it's amazingly delicious.  Thumbs up all around!


Being backlit doesn't make it any less delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment