Saturday, February 18, 2012

Taste of Sweetness Saturday: Oreo Cupcakes

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend...if you're actually getting  along weekend.  As this is being posted, I'm visiting Thomas, who's in Phoenix for work this month.  As part of his birthday party/'stache bash this year, I made the chocolate cake (that everyone loved), but I also made Oreo Cupcakes and dark chocolate mustache toppers.  The oreo cupcake recipe was originally here.  It is fabulous, promise!


Now, the one thing I had NO IDEA about, was creating a milk and flour roux for the frosting.

That's right.  Roux the frosting.

I don't know that it made a huge difference, as opposed to making any other type of frosting, but it was a new experience for me. 
 
Then we just added crushed oreos.
Okay, so maybe this dessert was more for me than anyone else.  I did make the mustache toppers though, with a lollipop mold from Michael's.  Sweeeet... 

No comments:

Post a Comment