Saturday, February 11, 2012

Taste of Sweetness Saturday: Key Lime Cupcakes

Once upon a time, when I was a young lass, I dated a Cuban from Miami.  While this experience, in and of itself, was a fun adventure, what I really came away from the situation with was this - I love Cuban food!   I also love the flavors and tastes of southern Florida, including Key Limes

I have since learned that my Key Limes come from Mexico, but the flavor and the memories are there just the same. 


 That being said, when I came across a recipe for Key Lime Cupcakes, I knew I had to try them.  I couldn't wait, and when my (non-Cuban) husband said we had a birthday party to go to, I knew I found my opportunity. 

I was good about following the recipe, even if I was grumbling about sifting my powders three(!!) times.  The only thing I added was one drop of green food dye to the frosting to give that a cool green color as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment