No, I'm not referring to my husband, but to myself in this case.
When I originally found this recipe, I was all gung-ho, all steam ahead, I can't wait to try it! There aren't a lot of ingredients, the premise sounded easy enough, and I was on it like a bonnet. It's when I got halfway through the recipe that I started having doubts...
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (I bought pre-cooked)
1 pizza dough (I bought pre-made)
1 onion, chopped
2 T butter
1/2 C Buffalo sauce
2 C fresh mozzarella
1. Saute onions in butter, add chicken and continue until fully cooked (this was quick for me since mine was already prepared).
2. Add Buffalo sauce, heat through.
3. Divide pizza dough in half and roll out.
4. Spread out half the chicken and top with half the mozzarella.
5. Roll (like a cinnamon roll), slice into 2" rolls, and place in a greased muffin tin.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes, at 400, until cheese is bubbly and dough is lightly browned.
That being said, here's my revamped directions...
1. Follow steps 1-3 above.
2. Cut dough into 24 even pieces (I just made squares).
3. Place in the bottom of a greased mini muffin tin
4. Add 1 tsp of the Buffalo chicken mix to each tin
5. Top with pinch of mozzarella
6. Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes, or until dough is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
I LOVED the large size, and split that tin with my assistants, but everyone loved the bite sized ones, and since we doubled the recipe, we had a ton of them! (48+ per recipe).
|The dark around the edges is the cheese that overflowed/overcooked on the tin itself. Still delicious!|