Everyone loves bacon, right? Every time I host a party, anything wrapped in bacon tends to be my biggest hit. Even the bigger flops are easily ignored when there's bacon involved. It's like the magical cure-all at a party.
Even more so when it's just bacon. ON A STICK.
That's right, kids. Who needs cake pops when you can have honey pepper bacon pops?!
24 mini-skewers (about 4", but bigger than a toothpick)
1/2 C honey
1 T soy sauce
2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
16 oz thick cut bacon (cut in half)
1. Take pre-cut bacon and lay on a lined broiler sheet.
2. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
3. While that is cooking, combine honey, soy sauce, five spice, and pepper until smooth and thin.
4. Remove bacon from oven, and skewer the bacon. Brush both sides of the skewer with the honey mixture.
5. Bake for 5 more minutes, until nicely crisp. Remove and serve warm.
|Don't mind the darkest edges. We reheat them in the oven a bit too long. Still tasted great, though!|