Day Two of the S'moreful September brings an easier recipe than yesterday. I wanted to get the hard one out of the way so you'd think everything else was essentially bliss.
Okay, it's all bliss, but some bliss just comes a little easier, yes? Of course.
So, today is cookies. You could probably use your own chocolate chip cookie base and make some tweaks, but here's the recipe I followed...
1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 C graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking soda
1 dash of salt (optional)
1 dash of cinnamon
1 C butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C mini marshmallows
2 C mini chocolate chips
2 Hershey bars, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a larger bowl, beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth.
6. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
7. Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 8 minutes, push in 4 marshmallows and a couple chocolate pieces into each cooke, then return to oven for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until fully cooked.
9. Cool on wire rack.