Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Taste of Sweetness Saturday

Okay, so we all know it's the end of summer, right?

Well, the end of summer doesn't really exist in Southern California.  So, while all of my friends back home are making chili, soup, and fresh baked breads, I'm still in my 70* temperatures.  Rough life, right?

Add on to that the Santa Anas that make our October hotter than our July, plus a couple of wild fires, and you'd be ready for ice cream, too!!


Peach and Pecan Ice Cream Recipe

So once again, first we cook it out the stove top.

Okay, so I read through the recipe.

kind of


I seemed to have missed the section where this has to be in the fridge for 8-24 hours before you can even process it.

This is even worse than the last recipe!!!


So, we processed it and forgot about it until after work the next day...

Now, my local Fresh and easy didn't have pecans for me to toast, so I just used a package of candied pecans. Not as many as the recipe called for, but it still was an easy add that got the flavor going.

It worked well for this recipe, even though Thomas protested not having a chocolate ice cream again.

I thought two chocolates in a row would be overkill.

He disagreed.  I stand corrected.
Still yummy, just not chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment