For the cupcakes, your ingredient list includes...
Chocolate cake box mix (your favorite)
1/2 C melted butter
1 C water
3 Tbsp cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
1. Mix ingredients.
2. Place in paper lined muffin tins (1/2-2/3 full)
3. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
4. Cool for 5, then remove from tin to finish cooling.
1/2 C sugar
2 T water
1/4 C heavy cream
1 1/2 t vanilla
1. Bring water and sugar to a boil, in a small pan on med-high heat.
(I only had a very large pan, making this nearly impossible)
2. Have your cream and vanilla ready to go as your working.
3.Once sugar water boils, leave it be (NO STIRRING) for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and slowly mix in cream and vanilla. It will froth, so be careful! Mix until completely smooth.
5. Set aside to cool.
Butter Cream Ingredients:
1 C butter, softened
4 C+ powdered sugar
1. Cream butter in a medium bowl
2. Slowly add powdered sugar to desired consistency.
3. Add in cooled caramel and blend to desired smoothness. If you need to, add more powdered sugar.
Additional, Optional, Toppings:
Caramel Sauce (Smuckers, Hersheys, or your favorite local sauce)
Chocolate shavings or curls. I just used my small cheese grater and Bakers semi-sweet chocolate.