I'm just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking you to have patience while I teach myself the "joys" of cooking. Join me on my journey - maybe you'll learn something, too!
Monday, November 19, 2012
Fall Brie En Croute
Here's a super easy way to make a Brie en Croute that adds in all the goodies of our fall season. It takes about 5 minutes to prep.
1 can of crescent roll dough
8 oz wheel of Brie
1/3 C chopped pecans
1 T butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C dried cranberries
1/4 C brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Soak cranberries in water for a minute or two to take the edge off, then drain and pat dry.
3. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter. Stir in pecans and cinnamon, toasting for 3 minutes.
4. Roll out crescent dough on a cookie sheet. Place Brie, toasted pecans, cranberries, and brown sugar on top. Wrap crescent dough around the goodness.
5. Brush top and sides of dough with beaten egg.
6. Bake for 15-20, or until nicely baked and browned.