Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Queso Fundido

Hey, everyone!  Sorry for the short break.  It's been crazy hectic and I hadn't had a chance to get my photos off my phone to start posting again.  Completely lame?  For sure!  But now I'm back and I'm ready to swing into that holiday season with all of you.  First off, a dish I made for Labor day that got lost in the shuffle, some how...  :)

I love queso fundido!  There's something about the creamy deliciousness that I can't ignore.  Just the right amount of meat and cheese and tortilla.  If someone is having a Mexican get together, it's my go to for sure.
Ingredients (I doubled these for my dish):
1/2 lb chorizo
1/4 onion, diced
1 bell pepper (or hot pepper, depending on your preference), diced
2 C of cheese (I like a nice white cheese, but anything that melts well works fine)
12 small corn (or flour) tortillas, warmed
Directions:
1. Saute your onion until translucent, add pepper.
2. Once cooked, add the chorizo.
3. Cook all, drain off the excess oil. 
* The problem with chorizo is it doesn't really every change color or consistency.  Just give it a good 10+ minutes.  Use your best judgement. *
4. Press meat mixture into a lightly greased 8x8 dish.
5. Top with cheese
6. Bake at 350 until melted and bubbly
7. Spoon into warmed tortillas and enjoy.  ( I didn't get a final picture because it was devoured too quickly.  Sorry!!)
Also, I prepped this the day before and did the final baking the day of.  My "final" picture below is what I covered and saved for the cookout the next day.  Much easier that way then trying to reheat this dish after it's been baked.  It's best served immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment