4. Stir in butter, vanilla, almond, water, and flour. It should turn into a pancake batter like consistency.
5. Grease a cookie sheet (lined for ease)
6. Spoon batter into circles on the sheet, about 3 inches across.
7. Bake until the edges only begin to brown (about 4-5 minutes)
8. Immediately remove from oven, place the fortune in the middle. Fold in half to make a half circle. Then, pull the two edges together, making the straight edge of your half circle meet at it's 'corners'.
Please note - you have to work as soon as they come out of the oven. You have to work quickly to not burn your fingertips or to crack the dough. It's a quick process, so I didn't cook more than 6 at a time, and I had someone to help me. I'd take 6 out, put 6 in, and that way we were constantly moving. It's not easy, but it's certainly fun, and I'd recommend it for any small, special occasion.